THIS IS THE ROLLING CORONAVIRUS STORY FOR MONDAY 27 APRIL 2020 - DAY 43 OF LOCK DOWN
This looks worrying to me - people ignoring social distancing as lock down is loosened
I hope it is not like this everywhere in Spain
Daily info from my preferred Spanish stats guy
Data from Monday, April 27
Today's figures confirm the step down data for the past four days. We will see tomorrow if there is any kind of correction to the high after the possible weekend effect.
Of course, new day with news in the daily part of the Ministry of Health. it has finally managed to ensure that all the autonomous communities apply the same criteria to count people hospitalized and in the ICU since the beginning of the epidemic. Well, not all of them, Galicia is missing. He did it on April 27. That information was lost on April 2, which would have been so useful for citizens to see the change of trend in the hospital situation. 25 days.
(If you need to click on the image to see a bigger version.)
There are 1,831 new cases in the last 24 hours (+102), and we are still close to minimums. It gives a total of 209,465 infected. The multiplication rate drops noticeably to 1.05.
At the moment, international organizations do not follow the new official data from the Ministry, and publish the data in their series with the previous criteria. The Johns Hopkins University repository assigns 226,629 cases to Spain (data from yesterday). Access here.
331 deaths are reported. They are 43 more than yesterday. What is relevant is that it is now the fifth day in a row that the death toll is below 400. 23,521 deaths in total. The multiplication rate also drops to 1.06.
Progress is made in the exit of the epidemic, each time closer to the multiplication rate of 1.0. But we are not out, and we can go directly into the second wave of the epidemic without leaving the second. Much depends on the measures that are taken. In this thread I argue that we started badly, because the measures for the exit of children to the street have been poorly designed.
Today I received a document about children and lock down from our administrators (Fincal). It is from the government
Here is a Google translation of the document....
GOOD PRACTICE GUIDE FOR DEPARTURES OF THE CHILD POPULATION DURING THE STATE OF ALARM
MEASURE IN FORCE SINCE SUNDAY, APRIL 26, 2020 AT 9:00 AM
Confinement is an extraordinary public health measure adopted by theGovernment of Spain to control the epidemic of COVID-19. At the time current, after five weeks of confinement, given the tendency to improve progressive of the situation and taking into account that the confinement has a impact on the well-being of the general population, some measures of easing.
During this time, the child population has been able to go out for assistance or accompany their caregivers -in the case of having no one to stay with the purchase of essential goods, but has not been able to make exits focused on their own well-being.
Taking a daily walk is beneficial for the health and well-being of the population child since it can improve their emotional health, allows minors to carry a more physically active life and enjoying the outdoors, and prevents some of the problems associated with confinement. In addition, it improves social and family well-being. In turn, it is a measure of equity, since the conditions of the homes and the lifestyles are not the same in every home. Confinement involves uneven impact on the child population living in higher living conditions vulnerability.
Given the benefits associated with the rides, and taking into account the right to protection of the health of the entire population, the right to protection of children and the right of children to leisure and recreational activities, allows for a controlled and voluntary departure from the child population, such as new measure within the Alarm State.
It is important that the departures are made following the indications that are collected in this guide and complying with the preventive measures, in order that in addition to respond to the right to health protection and the improvement of well-being and
development of the child population, be done with the necessary security so that negatively impact the evolution of the epidemic.
INDICATIONS TO MAKE THE DEPARTURES
The exits to the street of the child population must be carried out in a way that, complying with security measures, obtain the greatest possible benefit for the health, well-being and development of the child population. The outputs are
- Children under 14 years old.
Who cannot go out?
- Minors who show symptoms or are in home isolation for
- Minors in home quarantine for having had close contact with someone with symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19.
[Consult the decalogue to know how to act in case you have symptoms].
Who can get out?
- Boys and girls will go on their daily walk always accompanied by a person responsible adult (a responsible adult is understood as a person older than age living in the same residence with the boy or girl currently, or who is a person employed in the home by the minor). When the responsible adult be a different person from parents, guardians, conservators, foster carers or
Legal or de facto guardians must have prior authorization from them.
- The departure of a responsible adult with up to three children will be allowed. The accompanying adult will be responsible for compliance with the conditions and proposed limitations.
How long can you go out?
- You can go out for a maximum time of 1 hour, once a day.
Where can you go?
- You can walk up to a maximum distance of 1 kilometer from the residence of the
minor (including natural spaces and authorized green areas).
- Access to children's outdoor recreational spaces will not be allowed (slides, swings), as well as sports facilities.
- It is recommended to avoid crowded areas.
What time can you leave?
- You can leave between 9:00 in the morning and 21:00 at night, in order to Make the departure compatible with the working hours and routines of each family, avoiding well the crowds.
- As far as possible, it is recommended to walk in the hours of sun.
- It is recommended to avoid departures at peak hours of entry and exit of work centers in the area where you live.
What are the necessary preventive measures to control the epidemic?
- It is the responsibility of accompanying adults to comply with the prevention measures during these walks.
- An interpersonal distance with third parties of approximately 2 meters.
- Hands should be washed before leaving and when returning home. It is recommended the hand hygiene (with soap and water or hydroalcoholic solution) when minors cough or sneeze, and also when they touch surfaces that may be contaminated.
[See the video on hand washing aimed at children].
- Children should be taught not to touch their eyes, nose and mouth.
- In the event that you go to places where it is not safe to maintain a distance of approximately two meters between people, it is recommended the use of a hygienic mask (from 3 years) as long as a proper use of it.
For its use, the supervision of the accompanying adult is necessary. Must be Take care not to drop the mask on the floor. If it is not reusable, it must discard at home, in the waste bin or undifferentiated fraction, subsequently ensuring that the bag is tightly closed. [See infographic on the correct use of the mask].
- The exit and entry into the common spaces of the house must be carried out respectfully, following the prevention and hygiene measures, facilitating the living together and trying not to excessively touch the common surfaces.
What to do at the exits?
- Children can run, jump, play and exercise, always respecting the conditions of interpersonal distance with third parties.
- They can go out with their own toys, ride a scooter or bicycle. The responsible adult must be kept at a close distance from the
minors and their toys in order to have control of the situation.
- You cannot stay with friends.
- You cannot do group sports activities.
- Only occasionally you can talk to third parties, but always keeping the distance of approximately two meters. Communication must be brief.
Educational measures to consider
- Prepare what is going to be done, trying to make them excited, within the possibilities allowed. Do not generate false expectations about departures (like They will see their friends, or that they will be able to go to places or do things that they do not are allowed).
- Before the ride it is important to clear doubts or fears and explain to the children and girls, so that they understand it, what is the situation and what are the rules, explaining it to each minor depending on their age and personal circumstances,
making them participants in the fulfillment of the same and especially of the physical distance measurements. It may be useful to practice all preventive measures as a game. You have to try that the rules always they are the same so that they become a new custom.
- Answer questions about COVID-19 in a simple way and transmitting Calm down, and reminding them that it is in their power to protect themselves by washing their hands, coughing or sneezing with your elbow flexed, etc.
- It is important to explain to the boys and girls that the walk is a possibility, not a obligation. If they are afraid or do not want to go out, do not force the walk. Make it shorter or interrupt if requested.
- Before leaving, and always in a friendly environment, remember with short questions what can we do and what not.
- Be on the rides that the measures are met and try to correct affectionately so that they are acquiring new routines.
- It is important to note that we all share public spaces. The people with special physical, sensory and intellectual abilities can
need that we all collaborate in maintaining physical distance.
- Although it is necessary to educate on prevention measures, you should try to avoid transmitting fear to boys and girls. The walks can bring many benefits for children as long as they are a pleasant experience. Furthermore, it is an opportunity for your progressive return to normality.
OTHER INFORMATION OF USEFULNESS FOR CHILDREN
You can consult the recommendations for emotional support for boys and girls during the COVID-19 epidemic.
You can access a children's story to help children and young people face the pandemic, prepared by the World Health Organization, by clicking here. This especially thought for children from 6 to 11 years old.
If you need professional psychological help, these psychological assistance telephones are at your disposal: 91 700 79 89 (for relatives of deceased or sick with coronavirus) and 91 700 79 88 (for the general population with difficulties).
If someone close to you has died, tips for accompany children in mourning for the death of a loved one by COVID-19.
The autonomous communities, respecting in any case what is regulated by the rules, may, in the exercise of their powers in the field of protection and protection of minors, take the necessary measures to adapt the application of the provisions thereof, in relation to the boys and girls who reside in child protection centers, social housing centers of support for people with disabilities or other similar residential services.
Children with disabilities, who have behavioral disturbances, such as for example, autism spectrum disorders and disruptive behaviors, in which the confinement may aggravate the situation, they may circulate on the street with the frequency deemed medically advisable as long as they are respected the necessary measures to avoid contagion.
[See recommendations for children with autism spectrum disorder].
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Can they go for a walk with adults who do not live regularly at home?
It is only possible with responsible adults of legal age habitually lived with the minor or with household employees in charge of the minor.
Can you go for a walk with the grandparents with whom you live habitually?
It is possible, but not recommended.
Can you go to the basketball court next to the house or play for a while In the swings?
NO. Access to children's outdoor recreational spaces or to sports facilities.
Can you go for a walk with other boys or girls accompanied by an adult person?
NO. The distance of two meters must be maintained with third parties. They can only get out together the children who habitually live together in the home.
Can they accompany an adult to the bank or to make the purchase?
It is allowed, but as far as possible it is recommended to prioritize the outputs with minors so they can enjoy the outdoors.
Can you go to visit grandparents, family or friends?
NO. It is an exit that does not allow contact or visits to third parties.
Can we play with other children we meet on the ride?
NO. You can say hello and have a short conversation while keeping your distance about two meters and continue the walk. It is NOT allowed to form Groups of people.
Can children be taken by car?
NO. You cannot take the car for the hour-long daily ride with minors. Children can only be taken in the car if they have
to accompany an adult to carry out the tasks permitted by the State of Alarm, or to go to health care.
Is it necessary to wear gloves?
NO. Gloves are not necessary. When we go outside, a cleaning proper and frequent hands is more effective than the use of gloves. For the child population is difficult to make correct use, so it can generate more risk.
Town by town breakdown of Coronavirus cases in the province of Almería (no need to translate the article)